Craig Carter defeats Susan Bottcher 53-47%...Todd Chase wins easily...Annie Orlando & Helen Warren go to runoff
Gator Gymnasts Advance to Super Six!
The #2 University of Florida gymnastics team won Session I of the NCAA Championships team qualifying round to advance to its third-consecutive NCAA Super Six team final. Florida used a 196.90 to lead the teams in Session I, which was held Thursday afternoon in the University of Georgia's Stegeman Coliseum. The Gators now have advanced seven times in the 16-year history of the Super Six format. Thursday's result marks the second time UF advanced after winning its session. Thursday's opening session certainly had a familiar feel, as four of the six teams came from the Southeastern Conference. The other two teams advancing to Friday's NCAA Super Six are also from the SEC - Alabama (196.65) and Louisiana State (196.575). Other Session I team results included Oklahoma (196.075), Arkansas (195.825) and Oregon State (195.475). Sophomore Melanie Sinclair led the Session I all-arounders with her total of 39.525. The NCAA all-around champion is determined by ranking the results from both of Thursday's sessions. Sinclair will have to wait until later tonight to see how her all-around total stands up to the Session II competitors. She is the first Gator ever to top her session's all-around competition.
- Gator Gymnastics Team Advances to Super Six
- Gator Gymnastics Advances to Super Six
- Gator Gymnasts Finish Third in Super Six
- Gator Gymnastics Make NCAA Super Six for 7th Time in 9 Years
- Five out of Six Gators Singles Advance in NCAA Tournament
- GATOR SOFTBALL ADVANCES TO SUPER REGIONAL
- Gator Softball Advances to Super Regional
- Gator Softball Advances to Fifth-Straight Super Regional
- Gator Baseball Swats Yellow Jackets 15-3, Advance to Super Regionals
- Gator Gymnasts Advance!