Gator Softball Extends Win Streak
They're win streak is now at 24-games! Thanks in part to a career-high nine strikeouts by freshman Stephanie Brombacher in game one and three two-out RBI by sophomore Francesca Enea in game two, the #3 Florida softball team improved to 53-2 on the season with a doubleheader sweep of Jacksonville, 2-0 and 5-0, Tuesday evening. The Gators are now 17-0 against in-state opponents the last two years. Their last loss to an instate opponent was May 21, 2006 against Florida Atlantic. Game one saw a pitcher's duel between Brombacher and Ashley Iveson, but it was ultimately the freshmen righty from Florida that stole the show. Brombacher struck out a career-high nine batters and improved to a perfect 17-0 on the season.
Florida will play its final regular season home games of the season this weekend as the Auburn Tigers come to Gainesville for a three-game series. Saturday's double-header begins at 1 p.m. Senior Mary Ratliff will be recognized in a pre-game ceremony. The first 500 fans receive a free hat courtesy of Pepsi. On Sunday, the first 250 fans receive a trading card featuring Ratliff.
- Gators Extend Opening Win Streak to 24 with Win Over Toledo
- Gator Softball 22 Game Win Streak Snapped
- Florida Baseball Extends Streak With Win Over Florida State
- No. 9 Florida Lacrosse Extends Win Streak to Nine with 15-7 Rout of Fairfield
- Gator Softball Ends Losing Streak, Downs Auburn
- Gators Continue Home Winning Streak After Win Over Kentucky
- Gators Push Win Streak to 11 Games, Easily Down Tennessee
- Gators Baseball Winning Streak Ends With Loss To Indiana
- Vols End Gator Volleyball Home Winning Streak in Five-Set Shocker
- Gators Soccer Riding Winning Streak