Gators Win Regional Championship
Led by an all-around championship sweep with first place going to Melanie Sinclair (39.650) runner up by Ashley Reed (39.575) and all-around bronze medal winner Amanda Castillo (39.525) the Gators captured the Southeast Regional Championship with a score of 197.525. UF won by nearly a full point ahead of runner up UCLA 196.625 and third place Nebraska 196.100.
Super Sophomore Melanie Sinclair captured a share of at least three 1st place honors. Sinclair captured first place on the Vault with a 9.950 along with teammate Ashley Reed, co-1st place on the Floor 9.950 and and co-1st place on the Parallel Bars scoring a 9.950.
Senior Ashley Reed shared 1st place honors on the Vault 9.950, 1st place honors on the Beam 9.875 and tied for third on the Bars 9.90 and also scored a personal best 9.850 on the Floor Exercise.
The Gators had three individual champions as part of a five-way tie on the Floor. Senior Nicola Willis landed a 9.90, along with Super Sophomores Melanie Sinclair and Amanda Castillo to take home gold medal honors.
With the Southeast Regional Championship, Florida advances to its 26th NCAA competition in the last 27th year.
- Stanford Edges Gators to Win NCAA Championship
- Gator Baseball Falls Short, Gamecocks Win Back-to-Back CWS Championships
- Gator Track and Field Return Home After Winning National Championship
- Gator Softball Advances to SEC Tournament Championship with 2-1 Win Over Tennessee
- GATORS WIN NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP!!!!
- Ocala's PJ Williams Wins Defensive MVP In FSU National Championship Win
- Santa Fe College Baseball Wins State Championship!
- PK Yonge Girls Hoops Wins District Championship
- Vanguard Volleyball Wins 6A State Championship
- Murphy's (Rewritten) Law: Stay Focused, Win Championships