Seminoles Edge Gators on Diamond
Senior Ryan Strauss threw his first career complete game to lift #2 Florida State (32-3) to a 4-2 victory over Florida (24-13) in Tallahassee on Tuesday night. The right-hander scattering seven hits getting six strikeouts in defeating the Gators for the second time this season. The Seminoles overcame a 2-0 deficit with four runs to capture the rubber match of the regular-season series. Sophomore Cole Figueroa, from Tallahassee, hit his sixth homerun of the year with two down in the first to give the Gators a 1-0 lead.
Florida will next travel to Lexington this weekend to face Kentucky (26-8/7-8 SEC). UF, currently 9-and-6 in conference play, is in a three-way tie for second place in the Eastern Division with South Carolina and Tennessee, three games behind Georgia.
- Gator Baseball Edges Seminoles
- Gator Top Seminoles on Diamond
- Gators "Matador" USF Bulls on the Diamond
- Gators Soar Past Eagles on Diamond
- Stanford Edges Gators to Win NCAA Championship
- Gator Hoops Just Edges FSU
- No. 4 Gator Lacrosse Edged Out by No. 9 Syracuse in Double OT Thriller
- Gator Updates from the Diamond
- Ospreys Soar Past Gators on Diamond
- Wildcats Scratch Gators on Diamond