UF Cancels Baseball Games with FGCU
Due to a Southeastern Conference policy prohibiting athletic teams from competing in non-league contests during exam periods, the University of Florida baseball program's mid-week series against Florida Gulf Coast University on Tuesday and Wednesday (April 29-30) at Perry Field has been canceled.
"This was an administrative oversight that was simply overlooked and we accept full responsibility for this situation," Athletics Director Jeremy Foley said. "We are looking at several options in making up the missed games during the next two weeks and wanted to apologize to Florida Gulf Coast University and the fans of both schools." Coming off an important series win over Georgia that improved them to second in the league standings, the Gators (27-16/12-9 SEC) will head to the Palmetto State on Thursday for a weekend series at South Carolina (31-14/11-10 SEC).
- Gator Baseball Loses Another One to FGCU
- Gator Baseball and Softball Wins Friday Games
- Gator Baseball Gives Up Nine Runs, Falls to USC 9-2 in Game One
- Gator Baseball Gets Sixth 3-Game Sweep with 9-1 Victory Over Vols
- Florida Baseball Loses Another Mid-Week Game
- Gator Baseball Throws Away 7-6 Game Against Ole Miss
- Hawthorne Baseball Nips Bronson In Close Game
- Gators Baseball Shuts Down Vols In Series Game 1
- Gator Baseball Hosts North Florida For Final Mid-Week Game
- Florida Baseball Wins Final Mid-Week Game In Dramatic Fashion