Big Brown Falls Short of Triple Crown
Big Brown could not find the magic that propelled him to sizeable wins in the first two jewels of the triple crown, falling all the way to last place after running in third through the backstretch. Big Brown becomes the first horse in history to finish last in the Belmont after winning the Kentucky Derby and Preakness Stakes.
Da' Tara was the longest of the long shots, going in to the race at 38 to one.
By Chris Price WCJB TV20 Sports
- I'll Have Another Won't Be Going For the Triple Crown
- I'll Have Another Faces Test Of Champions, Ghosts of Failed Triple Crown Attempts
- I'll Have Another Wins Preakness Stakes, 1 Race Away From Triple Crown
- Santa Fe College Men Fall to Broward in Overtime
- Gators Defense Short On Stars, Big On Results
- North Marion, Dixie Co. Football Win, Buchholz Falls On Thursday Triple-Header
- Lacrosse Falls Just Short to Northwestern
- Gator Baseball Falls Short, Gamecocks Win Back-to-Back CWS Championships
- Gator Cross Country Fall Short in SEC Championship
- GHS, Bradford Softball Advance To Final Four, PK Yonge Falls Short