Coutdown To Kickoff: Miami
Year one of the Randy Shannon era saw the Miami Hurricanes in unfamiliar territory: tilted on the wrong side of the win/loss column. Despite the Hurricanes 5-7 record, offensive lineman Jason Fox is optimistic when asked about their goals this year.
"Win the ACC, go to a BCS bowl, win,"Â Fox said. "We're still the University of Miami, we're still the "U," and we're not going to lower our expectations because of one bad year."
Shannon has brought in a top-five recruiting class this year, but a freshman will have to start at the quarterback position, and Shannon will have to accept a lack of experience.
"The only way I can get depth at that position is to let them play," Shannon said.
The Hurricanes renew their rivalry with Florida on September 6, when they return to Ben Hill Griffin Stadium for the first time since 2002.
By Chris Price, WCJB TV20 Sports
- 2011 Countdown to Kickoff: Miami
- Countdown to Kickoff: Miami
- 2011 Countdown to Kickoff: Georgia
- 2011 Countdown to Kickoff: Vanderbilt
- 2011 Countdown To Kickoff: Auburn
- 2011 Countdown To Kickoff: Mississippi State
- 2011 Countdown to Kickoff: Florida State
- 2011 Countdown to Kickoff: LSU
- 2011 Countdown to Kickoff: Ole Miss
- 2011 Countdown to Kickoff: Tennessee