MEYER PINS CASEY AS INGRAM'S REPLACEMENT
Urban Meyer will not scrap the two tight end formation just yet. Meyer had been developing an offensive package during the offseason to utilize the unique skills of both Ingram and sophomore Aaron Hernandez. But Ingram, a former Hawthorne High standout, was lost for the season with a torn ACL on Tuesday.
Now Meyer looks to Casey, a fifth year senior who received a medical redshirt after missing all but two games in 2007.
"We're hurting a little bit without him, CI is a hard player to replace," said Casey at today's football media day. "But at the same time, we can pick up a little bit of that slack and help out any way we can."
By Chris Price
WCJB TV20 Sports
- INGRAM SAYS HE'S READY TO PLAY
- Hawthorne's Ingram "Still Confident" As He Pursues NFL Dream
- Aaron Hernandez Stickers Replaced with Tebow's
- Meyer on Rainey: "He's Not With the Team"
- Urban Meyer, Chris Rainey Speak About Rainey's Return To Practice
- TV20's Hubert Mizell Catches Up With Urban Meyer
- Hubert Mizell's Conversation With Urban Meyer: Part 2
- Urban Meyer's Post-Game Comments
- UF Athletic Director Happy with Meyer's Coaching
- Cornelius Ingram Misses Practice with Knee Injury