GATOR VOLLEYBALL AND SOCCER CONTINUE WINNING WEEKEND
The Gator volleyball and soccer teams finished what the football team started this weekend, both winning at home in convincing fashion on Sunday.
The Gator volleyball team swept away Tennessee 25-22, 25-12, 25-22 in the O'Connell Center, with freshman Kelly Murphy contributing a team-high 12 kills and 15 assists. The Gator volleyball team has now completed a perfect run through the first round of SEC contests and hold an overall 14-1 record.
Meanwhile the Gator soccer team also remained perfect in the SEC with a 3-0 win over Mississippi State. Senior Megan Kerns scored the go-ahead goal on senior day, her sixth goal of the season. The Gators have one home match left, October 23 against Arkansas.
By Chris Price, WCJB TV20 Sports
- Burleigh Reaches 400 Wins, Gator Soccer Cruises to NCAA Tourney Victory; Gator Volleyball Back on Track with Three-Set Sweep Over Missouri
- Gator Soccer and Volleyball Both Win SEC Matchups
- Gator Wrap Up: Volleyball and Soccer Come Away with Wins
- Gator Volleyball, Soccer Get Big Wins on Sunday
- Volleyball, Soccer Teams Avenge Gator Football with Wins Over SEC West Rivals
- Gator Volleyball and Soccer Pick up Wins
- Florida Women's Sports Wrap: Volleyball Wins, Soccer Loses
- Florida Soccer Advances in NCAA Tournament With 3-1 Win Over Cal; Volleyball Beats Ole Miss
- Gator Soccer Advances Over UCF to Sweet 16, Gator Volleyball Beats LSU in Four Sets
- Gator Volleyball Open Season With Bang, Gator Soccer Battle UNC to Tie