Pre-Season Honors for Gator Women's Hoops
Gator women's basketball seniors Marshae Dotson and Sha Brooks were selected to 2009 Preseason All-Southeastern Conference Teams, while the Gators were picked to finish sixth in the 12-team league standings in a voting of a select panel of both SEC and national media members. Dotson, who was voted First-Team All-SEC by the league's coaches last year, is a preseason pick to repeat on the five-player First-Team in 2009. The 5-foot-11 forward enters the 2008-09 season with 1,082 career points and 634 career rebounds. In 2007-08, Dotson was UF's leading rebounder (7.9 rpg), while ranking second for scoring (13.1 ppg), also leading the Gators in field goal percentage (53.1%). Brooks, who was a 2009 Preseason Second-Team All-SEC selection, enters the 2008-09 season having started 91 consecutive games and 94 overall, starting all except one in her career, and has never missed a game. During her first three years, the 5-foot-7 guard has accumulated 1,295 career points and 164 three-pointers, while totaling 2,909 minutes of playing time (30.9 mpg). Last year, Brooks worked on her game and emerged as more of a complete player, averaging 12.3 points, logging 32.2 minutes per game and contributing a team-high 87 assists (2.6 apg), in addition to ranking second in steals (62) and made three-pointers (48). In the SEC statistics for all games, she ranked No. 13 for scoring, No. 2 for free throw percentage (79.8%, 103-129), No. 14 for steals, No. 13 for three-pointers made and No. 11 for minutes played. She also was UF's second-leading scorer in SEC games (12.9 ppg), while hitting 36.6 percent (26-71) from the three-point arc.
- Gators #3 in Pre-Season Coaches Poll
- Gator Volleyball the Pre-Season Conference Favorite- Again!
- Gators the Pre-Season Favorite to Win Conference Title
- SEC Media Days: SEC Network, Pre-Season All-SEC
- Gator Women's Hoops Complete Season Sweep of Kentucky
- Gator Men's and Women's Hoops Win on Sunday
- Gator Women's Hoops Top Hatters
- Gator Women's Hoops Win 60-57
- Gator Women's Hoops Rally For Victory
- Gator Women's Hoops Tames Tigers