Gator Men's and Women's Hoops Win on Sunday
For the Gator men, it was a chance for redemption.
For the Gator women, it was a chance to keep pace with the best in the conference.
At the end of the day, both Florida basketball teams made a statement on Sunday.
Led by an inspired Chandler Parsons, the Gator men's basketball team defeated Vanderbilt 94-69. Parsons, who missed a free throw that would have iced a game against South Carolina on Wednesday, rebounded with a career-high 27 points. Florida is now 4-1 in the SEC.
Meanwhile the women dismissed Ole Miss 75-54 as the women also improved to 4-1 in the conference. Four Gators scored in double figures, led by Steffi Sorensen and Trumae Lucas with 13 points each.
The Gator women are back in action on Thursday against Kentucky, while men host Georgia on Wednesday.
By Chris Price, WCJB TV20 Sports
- Gators Men's and Women's Tennis Teams Win SEC Tournament Titles
- Gator Men's and Women's Tennis Advance to NCAA Round of Sixteen
- Gators Men's and Women's Track and Field Finish Second at SEC Outdoor Championships
- Gator Roundup: Men's Tennis Keeps Rolling, Women's Tennis Falters, Softball Team Remains Unbeaten
- Gator Men's and Women's Golf Finish 3rd and 4th at SEC Tournament
- Gator Men's and Women's Tennis Teams Advance in NCAA Championships
- Gators Men's and Women's Tennis Look for Sweet Results
- Santa Fe College Men's Hoops Wins, Women Fall Wednesday Night
- Gator Roundup: Men's Basketball Stunned in Arizona, Women Get First Road Win, Football Adds Another Recruit
- Gator Women's Track and Field Wins SEC Title, Men Finish Second