Calathes Earns Conference Honors
Gator sophomore point guard Nick Calathes was selected First-Team All-SEC by the league coaches on Tuesday, while guard Erving Walker was named to the league's All-Freshman Team. Calathes leads UF in scoring atÂ 18 points, assists atÂ six and steals per game atÂ two. He is one of only two players in the nation currently averaging better than 15 points, five rebounds andÂ six assists per game. He ranked in the top 10 in nine of 13 possible categories in SEC play, and in the top five in six of those categories. Walker has given the Gators a tremendous lift off the bench in his freshman season and is averagingÂ ten points per game. He was UF's third-leading scorer during SEC play, averaging 11 points per game and hitting 44 percent from three-point range. His 34 three-pointers made were second on the squad during SEC play. The Brooklyn, N.Y., native is hitting a team-best 82 percent from the free throw line on the year and leads all UF reserves with 24 minutes per game. LSU's Trent Johnson was selected SEC Coach of the Year, while Marcus Thornton of LSU was named SEC Player of the Year.
- Calathes Earns Conference Honors
- Hampton Earns Conference Honor
- Spikes Earns Conference Honor
- Five Gator Basketball Players Earn All-Conference Honors
- Rainey, Sturgis Earn All-Conference Honors
- James Earns Conference Honor
- James Earns Conference Honor...Again!
- Leclerc Wins Conference Honor
- Gator Softball Players Make Conference Honor Roll
- 12 Santa Fe Softball Players Honored By Mid Florida-Conference