Gator Baseball Completes Sweep of Tide
On Saturday, Florida beat Alabama by generating the greatest 9th inning comeback in Gator baseball history. On Sunday, the Gators didn't need to wait until the 9th to impose their will. Florida scored runs in four of the first five innings, and Florida beat Alabama 10-7 to complete a series sweep.
Florida benefited from home runs by Avery Barnes and Clayton Pisani, as well as some solid relief pitching by Anthony DeSclafani, who gave up just two runs in 4 1/3 innings.
Florida (18-8, 6-3) now faces back-to-back road SEC series, as the Gators travel to Vanderbilt this weekend, and Auburn the following weekend. But first, the Gators meet Florida State in Jacksonville on Tuesday.
By Chris Price, WCJB TV20 Sports
- Gator Baseball Powers Past Stony Brook; Completes Series Sweep
- Gator Baseball Beats Maine 5-3, Completes Sweep
- Gator Baseball Completes Sweep of Boston College with 7-2 Victory
- Gator Baseball and Softball Teams Complete Weekend Sweeps
- Gator Baseball Completes Sweep of Dartmouth
- Gator Baseball Completes 3 Game Sweep of Harvard
- Florida Baseball Completes Opening Series Sweep of Rhode Island
- Florida Baseball Completes Sweep of FGCU with Sunday Win
- Gator Women's Hoops Complete Season Sweep of Kentucky
- Gator Softball Completes Sweep Over Auburn 5-2