Gator Baseball Completes Sweep of Tide
On Saturday, Florida beat Alabama by generating the greatest 9th inning comeback in Gator baseball history. On Sunday, the Gators didn't need to wait until the 9th to impose their will. Florida scored runs in four of the first five innings, and Florida beat Alabama 10-7 to complete a series sweep.
Florida benefited from home runs by Avery Barnes and Clayton Pisani, as well as some solid relief pitching by Anthony DeSclafani, who gave up just two runs in 4 1/3 innings.
Florida (18-8, 6-3) now faces back-to-back road SEC series, as the Gators travel to Vanderbilt this weekend, and Auburn the following weekend. But first, the Gators meet Florida State in Jacksonville on Tuesday.
By Chris Price, WCJB TV20 Sports
- Gator Baseball Completes Sweep of Boston College with 7-2 Victory
- Gator Baseball and Softball Teams Complete Weekend Sweeps
- Gator Softball Completes Sweep Over Rebels 14-3
- Gator Softball Completes Sweep Over Auburn 5-2
- GATOR BASEBALL ROLLS TIDE
- GATOR BASEBALL SWEEPS VANDY
- GATOR BASEBALL SWEEPS AGAIN
- Gator Baseball Sweeps Duquesne
- Gator Baseball Sweeps Tigers!
- Gator Baseball Sweeps George Washington