Gator Baseball Completes Sweep of Tide
On Saturday, Florida beat Alabama by generating the greatest 9th inning comeback in Gator baseball history. On Sunday, the Gators didn't need to wait until the 9th to impose their will. Florida scored runs in four of the first five innings, and Florida beat Alabama 10-7 to complete a series sweep.
Florida benefited from home runs by Avery Barnes and Clayton Pisani, as well as some solid relief pitching by Anthony DeSclafani, who gave up just two runs in 4 1/3 innings.
Florida (18-8, 6-3) now faces back-to-back road SEC series, as the Gators travel to Vanderbilt this weekend, and Auburn the following weekend. But first, the Gators meet Florida State in Jacksonville on Tuesday.
By Chris Price, WCJB TV20 Sports
- Gator Baseball Completes Sweep of Boston College with 7-2 Victory
- Gator Baseball and Softball Teams Complete Weekend Sweeps
- Gator Softball Completes Sweep Over Rebels 14-3
- Gator Softball Completes Sweep Over Auburn 5-2
- Gator Women's Hoops Complete Season Sweep of Kentucky
- GATOR BASEBALL ROLLS TIDE
- Gator Baseball Shuts Down UM 5-3, Program's First-Ever Series Sweep of Canes in Gainesville
- Gator Baseball Gets Sixth 3-Game Sweep with 9-1 Victory Over Vols
- Gator Baseball Sweeps Bama with 2-1 Victory
- Gator Baseball Sweeps Ole Miss, First Time Since 2002