Nittany Lions End Gators Season
Even with an injured shoulder, Jamelle Cornley was too much for Florida to handle. Cornley had 23 points and 12 rebounds, Stanley Pringle added 15 points and Penn State beat short-handed Florida 71-62 Tuesday night in the NIT quarterfinals. The Nittany Lions (25-11) improved to 5-0 all time in the NIT quarterfinals and advanced to play either Kentucky or Notre Dame in New York's Madison Square Garden next week.
The Gators used a late run to cut the lead to 61-59, but Penn State turned to Cornley down the stretch. The 6-foot-5 senior backed down Dan Werner for a basket, then got a key rebound on the other end.
Sophomore Alex Tyus led Florida with 15 points. Sophomore Nick Calathes, who struggled all night shooting, missed two 3-pointers in the final minutes for Florida (25-11).
- GATOR BASEBALL SEASON ENDS
- Top Seed Connecticut Ends Gators Season
- Gator Baseball Season Ends in Hoover
- Gator Baseball Season Ends With Loss to Southern Miss
- Gator Women's Basketball Season Ends In 2nd Round NIT Loss
- Gators End Home Gymnastics Season Beating Auburn 196.850 to 194.950
- Gators Basketball Season Ends with 74-71 OT Loss to Butler
- Gators Volleyball Season Ends as Illinois Wins in Four Sets
- Down to the Wire, Gators Baseball Loses Heartbreaker To End Season
- Gator Hoops Cages St. Leo Lions