The Gators were down as many as 16 points in the second half before staging a furious comeback that saw the Gators down just three points with less than a minute to play. But Erving Walker's three point attempt, which could have tied the game, was partially blocked by Scotty Hopson, and the Volunteers beat the Gators for the 7th time in the past 8 tries.
Florida (21-8, 8-6) has now lost six of its last 11 games, and will try to finish the season with a road win at Mississippi State on Wednesday before returning to Gainesville Saturday for the regular season finale against Kentucky.
By Chris Price, WCJB TV20 Sports
- FLORIDA LOOKS FOR ORANGE CRUSH
- Operation Orange Crush
- Gators Crush Georgia 72-50 To Set New School Record
- Orange & Blue Diamond Notes
- Mike Peterson Still Bleeds Orange & Blue
- Florida Volleyball Returns To The Court In Orange and Blue Game
- Due To Injuries, Orange and Blue Game Will Feature Just One Team
- Details Announced For Annual Orange and Blue Game
- Blue Beats Orange 13-10 in 2011 Gator Football Debut
- Gator Soccer Kickin' It in Orange and Blue Scrimmage