Recod Night for Gator Baseball Freshman
Gator freshman Preston Tucker tied the SEC single-game record and established a school mark with 11 runs batted in to lift the #22 Gators (21-11) to a 16-3 win over UCF (11-22) on Wednesday night at McKethan Stadium. The rookie first baseman cranked grand slams in both the fifth and seventh innings, sandwiched around a three-run bomb in the sixth inning.
With a 3-for-4 night, Tucker is an eye-popping .833 (10-for-12) with 20 RBI and six homers over the past three games. His 11 RBI matched the league record total by Jason Nappi of Mississippi State in a 2008 game against UAB and surpassed the previous Gator mark of 10 shared by Avery Barnes (vs. Tennessee, 5/18/07) and Adam Davis (vs. Tennessee, 4/30/05).
- Gator Baseball Freshman Casey Turgeon Getting Comfortable
- Gator Freshman Tight End A.C. Leonard Out 6-8 Weeks
- Three Gators Named to 2013 Freshman All-SEC Team
- Vernon Hargreaves Honored as Defensive Freshman; Two Additional Gators Recognized
- Gator Basketball Freshman Devon Walker to Transfer
- Freshman Sydney Moss Coming on Strong for Gator Women
- Four Gators Earn Spot on SEC All-Freshman Team
- Big Game Hunter: Gators Freshman Gymnast Racking Up Wins
- Union County Baseball Wins on Senior Night
- UF Baseball Gets Friday Night Win Over Mississippi State