Trainer Likes "Musket Man" to Win Kentucky Derby
Derek Ryan may be the most relaxed rookie trainer heading into the Kentucky Derby. The sport's biggest race can be a nerve-racking experience before 150,000 fans and an international television audience Saturday. Not for Ryan, who seems to be taking it all in stride as he prepares "Musket Man" - the Tampa Bay and Illinois Derby winner.
Pressure? What pressure? "There's no difference," Ryan says. "I still have to get up early in the morning, unfortunately. And I'm still looking for a rich woman with a bad heart." But, while Ryan kids around, his horse is a serious runner. Musket Man is 5-for-6, making him one of the better values on the Derby morning line at 20-1.
- New Program Urges Students to "Stay Fresh, Man"
- Local Trainer Working with Kentucky Derby Favorite!
- BIG BROWN WINS KENTUCKY DERBY
- Animal Kingdom, Broken and Trained in North Central Florida, Wins Kentucky Derby
- Kentucky Derby Winning Owner Joins WCJB by Phone
- I'll Have Another Wins 138th Kentucky Derby
- Derby Trainer Plesa Pleased With Itsmyluckyday
- Toby's Corner Ready for Kentucky Derby
- Luck of the Irish: Eddie Woods Has Broken Another Kentucky Derby Contender
- Two Horses With North Central Florida Ties Lead Kentucky Derby Contenders