Razorbacks Roast Gators in SEC Baseball Tournament
Mike Bolsinger threw four-plus innings of relief to lead the Arkansas Razorback baseball team to an 8-5 victory over the #9 Florida Gators in the first round of the Southeastern Conference Championship Tournament on Wednesday morning in Hoover, Alabama.
The seventh seeded Razorbacks (32-20) used a five-run fourth inning to dispatch the second seeded Gators (38-19) for the fourth time this season and advance in the winners bracket of the conference tournament. Arkansas capitalized on four Florida errors to score seven unearned runs and pick up its seventh first round Southeastern Conference Tournament win in school history.
Florida took the lead in the bottom of the third thanks to back-to-back walks to lead off the inning. With runners on first and second, Florida used a sacrifice bunt to place runners in scoring position and the next batter hit a sharp ground ball to second which Bigham Made a diving stab at, but could not make the transfer to throw the runner out. One run scored on the play, but the error proved costly on the next batter as another ground ball scored a second runner in the inning to make it a 2-1 game in favor of the Gators. Arkansas went on to take a 6-2 lead before Florida came back with three runs in the bottom of the fourth to make it 6-5. But, the Gators were not able to score any more off Bolsinger or closer Stephen Richards. The Razorbacks were able to score single runs in the eighth and ninth innings.
Arkansas touched up Florida pitching for 11 hits on the afternoon. The Gators will next face #3 seed Ole Miss at 11 a.m EST on Thursday, May 21.
- Gator Gymnasts Roasted by Razorbacks
- Gator Gymnasts Roast Razorbacks
- Gator Baseball Team Starts SEC Tournament With Win
- Gator Baseball Sends Rebels Packing from SEC Tournament
- Gator Baseball Stays Alive in SEC Tournament
- Gators Blank Commodores, Win SEC Tourney Title, Earn No. 2 Overall Seed In NCAA Baseball Tournament
- Gator Baseball Regional Preview: UF Prepared after SEC Tournament
- Razorbacks Nips Gators in Baseball Opener
- Gator Baseball Beats Razorbacks on Walkoff
- Scavenger Hunt: SEC Baseball Tournament Style