Dream Comes True for Levon Washington
It's what can make-or-break a pro baseball team -- the annual major league draft -- it's what's made the Tampa Bay Rays what they are today & now Levon Washington is part of the team. The former Jeffrey Meldon scholar/athlete of the week -- who you may remember put pen to paper for gator head coach Kevin O'Sullivan back in November -- was taken by the Tampa Bay Rays with the 30th overall pick in the first-round. Levon, who's 5-11 and 170-pounds, is thought to be one of the fastest prospects in this year's draft -- reportedly able to run a blazing 6-2-1-seconds from home plate to first-base. Levon says being a first round pick for a sunshine state team is a dream come true.
- 'A dream come true'
- A Wish Come True
- 'Christmas for the Community' Makes Holiday Wishes Come True
- Gator Baseball Sweeps George Washington
- USC Apologizes to Florida, Alabama, Washington
- Former GHS Standout Portis To Retire as a Washington Redskin
- Meyer says UF is "Dream Job"!
- Wambach Olympic Dream Ends
- Gator Softball Teams Dream Ends in Defeat
- Baltimore Ravens Linebacker and Former Cheifland Star Dreams Big