Gators Finish 3rd in Directors Cup
The football team’s national championship led a program-record tying 12 Gator athletic teams among the nation’s top 10 in 2008-09 national competition, propelling the University of Florida to third in the 2008-09 Learfield Sports Directors’ Cup. The finish matches the second-highest for the Gator program, second only to Florida’s tie for second in the 1998-99 standings.
Florida is the only program in the nation to finish among the nation’s top 10 in each of the last 26 national all-sports standings. Stanford won its 15th consecutive Directors Cup title in 2009 while North Carolina was second.
A school-record tying 12 Gator athletic teams turned in top-10 finishes
in 2008-09, marking the eighth consecutive year that 10 or more Gator
athletic teams finished among the nation's top 10. This is the fifth time 12 Florida teams were among the nation's top 10 in a single season (1992-93, 2001-02, 2003-04, 2007-08, 2008-09).
Florida’s 2008 BCS National Championship in football was the apex of
the 2008-09 for the Gator program. Three other teams were NCAA runner-ups. The softball team was runner-up in its first Women's College World Series Championship series appearance in June. At the NCAA Track & Field Championships, the Florida men’s team took second in both the indoor and outdoor meets.
- FLORIDA FINISHES SIXTH IN DIRECTORS CUP
- UF Athletics Finishes 2nd In Learfield Sports Directors' Cup
- Gator Men's and Women's Golf Finish 3rd and 4th at SEC Tournament
- Second to One: UF Matches Director's Cup-Best in 2011-2012
- Gator Men's Golf Team Takes 3rd at Gator Invitational
- Gator Women's Tennis Advances to 3rd Straight NCAA Final
- Gator Defense Taking Pride in 3rd Down Stops
- Fromer Gator Soccer Star Gets Her First Goal in Women's World Cup
- Easton Foundation Gator Cup Kicking Off in Newberry
- Elimination Portion of Easton Foundation Gator Cup Begins