Magic Acquire Carter
Vince Carter is going home to Orlando, and to the Eastern Conference champion Magic. On a draft day when Cleveland made the biggest splash by trading for the Suns' Shaquille O'Neal, Orlando made a blockbuster move of
its own in acquiring the Nets' Carter, an eight-time NBA All Star who grew up in Daytona Beach and lives in Orlando.
New Jersey also dealt forward Ryan Anderson to the Magic, who sent the Nets three players in return: Point guard Rafer Alston, shooting guard Courtney Lee and power forward Tony Battie. The trade gives the Magic another star in a lineup that already includes Dwight Howard and Rashard Lewis. The deal might also convince Hedo Turkoglu, who can opt out of his contract and become
a free agent on July 1, to remain with the Magic.
Orlando is hoping Carter, who has averaged 23.5 points over a 10-year pro career, will provide center Dwight Howard with a perimeter scorer who can create his own shot - something they lacked in losing the NBA finals to the Los Angeles Lakers.
- Orlando Native Mossor is Magic
- Keystone Heights Magical Softball Season Ends 1-0 in 4A State Semis
- Gatornationals Coverage -Krawiec Looks To Rekindle Gainesville Magic
- No Senior Day Magic, Gators Fall to Texas A&M
- Gators Magical Season Comes to and End, Fall in Final Four
- Donovan Still Trying to Rescind Magic Contract
- Expelliarmus - Can a magical book equal magical profits?
- Ocala Honor Flight I
- Missing Two Year Old Found Hours Later
- Database Directions for Sexual Offenders