Nelson Earns Spot on U.S. National Team
Stacey Nelson probably thought she wasn't heading back to Oklahoma City so soon.
But after leading the Florida Gator softball team to the national finals in Oklahoma City, the former Gator All-American will play there as a member of the national team in July.
Nelson will play in two national showcases in North America, and then Nelson will head to Japan as part of the U.S. Softball Japan-Cup team.
Nelson finished her time at Florida as a career leader in every meaningful statistic, including 136 wins and more than 1,000 strikeouts.
"It's a great honor for her to represent her family, the University of Florida and the country in some of the premier softball venues in the world," said Gators Head Coach Tim Walton.
- Four Gators Earn Spot on SEC All-Freshman Team
- Buchholz Bobcats Earn Playoff Spot
- Gators Cross Country Teams Own Top Spots at Mountain Dew Invitational
- U.S. Sen. Bill Nelson visits troops in North Florida
- Gators James Earns Special Teams Honor
- Gator Softball Team Earns Top Overall NCAA Tournament Seed
- Gator Baseball Earns National Seed, Hosts 3 Florida Teams in Regional
- Gator Women's Basketball Team Earns NIT Berth
- Gator Basketball Team Earns Best Win of the Season Over Arizona
- Four Area Softball Teams Earn Trips to Final Four