Lochte Shines at Nationals
Former Gator great Ryan Lochte lived up to the hype in the men's 400-meter individual medley Tuesday earning gold at the 2009 U.S.A. Swimming Nationals/World Trials in Indianapolis. In a comeback win, Lochte punched his ticket to Rome for the 2009 FINA World Championships later in July. A bronze medal by former Gator Caroline Burckle in the 400-meter freestyle topped off the first day of competition for the Gators in Indy.
Lochte, the 400 IM bronze medalist at the 2008 Olympic Games in Beijing, battled it out with Tyler Clary through the butterfly and backstroke legs of the distance IM, but took the late edge in the last 25 meters of the breaststroke leg and finished a strong freestyle swim.
- Brantley Shines in Gators Spring Game
- North Marion Football Shines at Friday Night Lights
- Hometown TE Gator Hoskins Shines for Marshall in Last Game
- USA Basketball Defeats China to Advance: Mike Fraizer Shines
- Miami's Big Three Shine In Heat Finals Game 4 Win
- Former Gator Mike Pearson Getting his Time to Shine
- Gator NFL Football Hopefuls Shining at Pro Day
- Seniors Bobcats Have a Shining Night in Volleyball
- Sir Jackson Shines as Eastside Football Stays Unbeaten In District
- Locals Shine, And Locals Win In Gators Basketball Victory over FAU