Lochte Shines at Nationals
Former Gator great Ryan Lochte lived up to the hype in the men's 400-meter individual medley Tuesday earning gold at the 2009 U.S.A. Swimming Nationals/World Trials in Indianapolis. In a comeback win, Lochte punched his ticket to Rome for the 2009 FINA World Championships later in July. A bronze medal by former Gator Caroline Burckle in the 400-meter freestyle topped off the first day of competition for the Gators in Indy.
Lochte, the 400 IM bronze medalist at the 2008 Olympic Games in Beijing, battled it out with Tyler Clary through the butterfly and backstroke legs of the distance IM, but took the late edge in the last 25 meters of the breaststroke leg and finished a strong freestyle swim.
- Harvin Shines at UF Pro Day
- Donovan's New Guys Shine
- Tebow and Bubba Shine
- Brantley Shines in Gators Spring Game
- Indiana "Graceland Spirit" Shines at Babe Ruth Softball World Series
- Locals Shine, And Locals Win In Gators Basketball Victory over FAU
- Sir Jackson Shines as Eastside Football Stays Unbeaten In District
- Seniors Bobcats Have a Shining Night in Volleyball
- Gator NFL Football Hopefuls Shining at Pro Day
- Former Gator Mike Pearson Getting his Time to Shine