Torres Tops Competition at US Nationals
Former Gator great and 50-meter freestyle American Record-holder (24.07) Dara Torres took to the water on day three of the 2009 USA Swimming National Championships/World Trials in the 50 free earning gold and solidifying her spot on Team U.S.A. for the World Championships. A member of a record five U.S. Olympic swim teams, Torres jumped out of the gates in the championship heat of the event clocking a 24.43 for the win.
Torres was one of four Lady Gator swimmers set represent the UF in finals on the third day of U.S. Nationals, aiming to finish high enough for a berth on team U.S.A. which will represent the United States at the 2009 FINA World Championships in Rome July 26th to August 2nd.
- Gator Great Swimmer Dara Torres Considers 2012 Olympics
- Torres Falls Short At US Olympic Swim Trials
- TORRES WINS SILVER IN 4x100; SETS OLYMPIC RECORD
- TORRES CONTINUES TORRENTIAL ASSAULT ON RECORD BOOK
- FORMER GATOR TORRES SETS OLYMPIC RECORDS
- Torres Advances to 50M Finals, Beisel Olympic Bound in 200M Backstroke
- Will Lone Gator Tennis Player Left in NCAA Competition
- A Competition with Competitor Isabelle Lendl
- Florida Relays Features Gator Greats on Day Two of Competition
- Open Competition at Tight End for Gator Football