Harvin Deal Complete
Former Gator great & Minnesota Vikings first-round pick Percy Harvin has signed a five-year deal with the Vikings, getting him into training camp after two days and four practices missed.
Harvin contract figures to be in the $13 million range with more than $8 million guaranteed, according to the slotted system of contracts usually followed for draft picks. Harvin was the 22nd overall pick.
Last year’s 22nd pick, Dallas running back Felix Jones, signed a five-year deal worth a maximum of $10.525 million if he hits all the incentives. It had $7.96 million in guarantees.
Harvin started 26 of the 36 games he played at the University of Florida before declaring for the NFL Draft following his junior season. He set school career records for wide receivers with 32 TDs (19 rushing, 13 receiving) scored and 1,852 career rushing yards.
Last year, he helped Florida win its second BCS National Championship during his career there, earning a spot on the All-SEC First Team and being named a Sporting News All-America.
Harvin became the first player in Florida history with 1,000 rushing and 1,000 receiving yards in a career, passing both milestones during a sophomore season that garnered All-SEC First Team recognition.
He earned Freshman All-America Honors, was named SEC Freshman of the Year and MVP of the SEC Championship Game while helping the Gators win the BCS National Championship in 2006.
- Vikings Won't Commit To Long-Term Deal With Former Gator Harvin Just Yet
- Gator Baseball Completes Sweep of Tide
- Gator Baseball Completes Sweep of Boston College with 7-2 Victory
- Gator Baseball and Softball Teams Complete Weekend Sweeps
- Gator Softball Completes Sweep Over Rebels 14-3
- Gator Softball Completes Sweep Over Auburn 5-2
- Complete Penn State Interview with Chris Price and Hubert Mizell
- Hotels Not Completely Booked For Kick-Off Game
- Gators Shutout Jacksonville State 23-0, Complete Undefeated Home Season
- Gators Complete Improbable Regular Season with 37-26 Win Over FSU