Meyer Expects More From Offensive Line
Three practices into a new season, Gator football head coach Urban Meyer is already trying to light a fire under the collective belly of his offensive line.
And what a collective belly it is.
With 12 players listed in the media guide at more than 300 pounds, Meyer has plenty of size in the trenches, but the fifth year head coach said he needs to see more from his offensive line, who he thinks might not understand their own importance.
"I think that gets lost in the media, the fans and everyone else," Meyer said at practice today. "They think its Tim Tebow, but it's not Tim Tebow. If Tim doesn't have five guys acting like maniacs up front, Tim's not very good, and we didn't do very good today."
- Battle of the Trenches: UF Offensive Line vs. LSU Defensive Line
- Gator Offensive Line Looks to Gel Before Season Opener
- Top Offensive Line Recruit Laremy Tunsil Having Fun With College Decision
- Gators Offensive Line On A Mission
- Gators Offensive Line Hoping to Put On Better Performance Against Missouri
- Urban Meyer Expects Steve Addazio Back As OC in 2011
- Meyer Defends Addazio, Cites Offensive Problems
- Gator's offensive coordinator Charlie Weis leaving Gainesville for University of Kansas more tonight at 6.
- Former GHS Star Earl Okine Switching From Gator Defense To Offense
- Urban Meyer Returns from Leave of Absence