SEC Suspends Officiating Crew
The Southeastern Conference has suspended officials from last weekend's Arkansas-Florida game after the crew was involved in its second controversial call of the year.
Referee Marc Curles crew called a personal foul on Arkansas defensive lineman Malcolm Sheppard in the fourth quarter as the Gators were rallying for a 23-20 victory. The league said there was no video evidence to support the call. The same group of officials called the LSU-Georgia game earlier
this month, which included a late unsportsmanlike conduct penalty the league said shouldn't have been called. The SEC says the crew will be removed from its scheduled assignment this weekend and will not be assigned to officiate as a crew until November 14th. The league also says the crew's bowl assignments could also be impacted.
- Dunlap Suspended for SEC Championship
- Officials suspend search for Florida family
- All In the Family for One Referee Crew
- SEC Media Days: SEC Network, Pre-Season All-SEC
- Florida QB, Will Grier, suspended for one calendar year
- Marlins Manager Suspended for Castro Comment
- Christin Mercer Suspended Indefinitely From Gator Women Hoops
- Manziel Cleared by NCAA; Suspended for Half of Opener
- Several Gator Players Suspended for Opener; Steve Russell on Gator Insider
- Gators Linebacker Antonio Morrison Suspended Following Second Arrest