Gators Rout Blue Hose on Hardwood
Chandler Parsons scored 21 points and Alex Tyus and Erik Murphy each had double-doubles as Florida dominated Presbyterian 79-38 on Wednesday night. The Gators (10-3) scored 13 of the game's first 14 points and led the Blue Hose (2-12) by more than 30 for most of the second half. Parsons' all-around game as Florida's sixth man included two 3-pointers and three dunks. Tyus 16 points and 13 rebounds marked his first double-double since the season opener. Murphy, who had been battling a shoulder injury, set career highs with 16 points and 11 boards off the bench. Kenny Boynton added 14 points for the Gators, who reached 10 wins before Jan. 1 for the fifth straight year. The 41-point margin was Florida's largest of the season and helped ease the sting of three straight losses earlier this month.
The Gators made quick work of their final opponent of 2009. They went into the break up 43-14, three points off the program record for fewest points allowed in a half. Florida bullied Presbyterian inside, outrebounded the Blue Hose 51-29 and finished with a 46-12 edge in points in the paint.
- Gators Top Seminoles on Hardwood
- Gators Upset #2 on Hardwood
- Gators Coast by Dolphins on Hardwood
- Gators Collar Bulldogs on Hardwood
- Tigers Dominate Gators on Hardwood
- Gators Top Volunteers on Hardwood
- Wildcats Scratch Gators on Hardwood
- Gators Rout TAMU to Win 8th Straight in the SEC
- Gator Lacrosse Stays Undefeated in Routing of Stetson
- Gator Gymnastics Routs Mizzou Tigers