Meyer Takes "Extended Leave of Absence" Rather Than Resign
It was a change of heart reminiscent of Billy Donovan's about-face in 2007. A day after Urban Meyer resigned as the head coach of the Florida Gator football team, Meyer has decided to instead take an indefinite leave of absence. The move gives Meyer the flexibility to take time away from football while still leaving the door open for a possible return as the head coach. In the meantime, offensive coordinator Steve Addazio has been named the interim head coach, although Meyer will still be the head coach on the sideline for the game against Cincinnati on January 1st.
- Urban Meyer Returns from Leave of Absence
- Urban Meyer Resigns!
- Meyer resigns...again.
- Urban Meyer Leaving Gainesville For Ohio State
- Gators Mickey Marotti Leaving to Join Meyer at OSU
- Bye Bye Shy: Larry Shyatt Leaves Florida Basketball To Take Wyoming Head Coaching Job
- Meyer says UF is "Dream Job"!
- Referring to "Scumbags," Urban Meyer Justifies Closing Practice
- Meyer on Rainey: "He's Not With the Team"
- Meyer on Arrests: "Enough Is Enough"