Dickerson Leads Way for Gator Gymnasts...Again!
The #4 Gator gymnastics team (2-1, 2-0 SEC) won its second consecutive win of the season in Friday’s dual meet at #12 Kentucky (3-2, 1-2 SEC). The Gators posting a 196.05-195.35 win over the Wildcats in front of a Memorial Coliseum crowd of 2,132.
The Gators showed improvement from their first road performance of the
season and did not count a fall toward their team total. A stronger
beginning helped the Gators Friday according to UF Head Coach Rhonda Faehn.
A Gator took at least a share of four of the evening’s five event titles, including freshman Ashanée Dickerson picking up her third consecutive all-around title with a total of 39.25. She is the first Gator to open the season with three consecutive all-around wins since former All-American Melissa Miller in 1988. Fellow freshman Marissa King was runner-up in the all-around at 39.075.
- Defense Leads Way for Gator Softball Sweep Over FIU
- Trattou Ready to Help Lead the Way
- Werner and Calathes Lead the Way
- Former Gator Gator Gymnast Kerr Earns Post-Graduate Scholarship
- Gator Gymnasts Ready For Season to Begin
- #3 Gators Dominate #10 Nebraska in Season's First Gymnastics Meet
- Gators Stick Kentucky in Gymnastics, Remain Unbeaten on Season
- Gators End Home Gymnastics Season Beating Auburn 196.850 to 194.950
- Costly Mistake Nearly Costs Gators a Trip to NCAA Gymnastics Championships
- Gator Gymnastics Fall Short At NCAA Championships