Gators Collar Bulldogs on Hardwood
Alex Tyus scored 23 points, Erving Walker and Kenny Boynton added 21 apiece, and Florida beat Georgia 87-71 Wednesday night. The Gators (15-5, 4-2 Southeastern Conference) extended their winning streak to four and continued their recent domination in the series. Florida has won 12 of the last 13 meetings.
This one wasn't really close.
Florida exposed Georgia's backcourt with a relentless press. The
Bulldogs (9-9, 1-4) finished with 19 turnovers, most of them in a decisive first half. Florida led 45-33 at halftime and went ahead by 14 to open the second half. Travis Leslie got a few easy buckets, and Georgia looked like it would make a comeback, but Walker and Tyus ended the threat. Florida used the turnovers for a number of easy buckets. The Gators had 22 points in the paint, 19 off turnovers and 11 on fast breaks.
- Gators Collar Bulldogs to Advance to Elite-8
- Gators Collar Bulldogs Again!
- Gators Collar Bulldogs with Ease
- Gators Top Seminoles on Hardwood
- Gators Upset #2 on Hardwood
- Gators Coast by Dolphins on Hardwood
- Gators Rout Blue Hose on Hardwood
- Tigers Dominate Gators on Hardwood
- Gators Top Volunteers on Hardwood
- Wildcats Scratch Gators on Hardwood