Gators Lose Heartbreaker to Volunteers
Angie Bjorklund's reverse layup with 2.3 seconds remaining lifted #2 Tennessee to a 66-64 win over Florida on Thursday night in the O'Connell center. Bjorklund missed her first seven shots and was scoreless until she hit a huge 3-pointer with about 9 minutes to play. She added another one a few possessions later, cutting into an eight-point lead and sparking a comeback.
Bjorklund's late surge helped the Lady Vols (15-1, 3-0 Southeastern Conference) win despite one its worst games of the season. Tennessee had a season-high 25 turnovers, just three steals and no blocked shots.
Florida (9-8, 2-2) had a final chance, but Lonnika Thompson's 3-pointer clanged off the rim. Steffi Sorensen led the Gators with 12 points, all from behind the arc. Kelley Cain, who dominated the post early and late, led the Lady Vols with 17 points and 10 rebounds.
- Gator Men's Basketball Loses Another Heartbreaker
- GATOR BASEBALL LOSES HEARTBREAKER
- Down to the Wire, Gators Baseball Loses Heartbreaker To End Season
- Gator Softball Loses Heartbreaker Versus Georgia
- Forest Loses a Heartbreaker to East Ridge 29-28, Trenton Slips Past Dixie County 34-27
- GHS Loses Heartbreaker at Armwood 17-14
- Santa Fe College Softball Splits DH, Loses Second in Heartbreaker
- PK Yonge, Buchholz Baseball Win Regional Quarterfinals, St. Francis Loses Heartbreaker
- Heartbreak in Stonybrook, Gator Lacrosse Blows 7-Goal Lead, Fall to Syracuse in 2OT 14-13
- Heartbreaker For Gator Women's Hoop Team