Demps Runs Fastest 100-meter time in 2010
Gator running back Jeff Demps has the fastest 100-meter time in the world this year. Demps, running in the Florida Relays on Friday, covered the distance in 10.11 seconds. Nesta Carter of Jamaica had the previous fast time of 2010. He ran 10.15 in late January.
Demps, who had 763 yards rushing and seven touchdowns for the Gators last season, is skipping spring practice to concentrate on track. Coach Urban Meyer says Demps "can do whatever he wants to do." A 5-foot-8 junior, Demps has 1,368 yards rushing and 14 touchdowns in two seasons and is expected to lead Florida's running attack this fall.
- Demps Runs Nation's Fastest 100m at Texas Relays
- Demps, Wilks Run Wild at Tom Jones Memorial Classic
- Demps Set to Run in Olympics
- 2009-2010 Gator Season Statistically The Best Of All Time
- UF Sprinter McQuay Wins US 400 Meter Title
- Demps Carries Rock, Feels Pain, Asks For More
- Demps Wins Again at Florida Relays
- Demp's Uncertain Status Has Fueled Message Boards
- Demps Wins, But Doesn't Break Record at Florida Relays
- McQuay, Claye London Bound! Demps Falls Short at USA Olympic Trials