Death toll stands at 51 in Moore, OK. Medical examiner told to expect at least 40 more bodies...20 of them children.
Former Gator Jarvis Williams Dies
Jarvis Williams, a former defensive back for the University of Florida, Miami Dolphins and the New York Giants, has died. A spokeswoman with the Putnam Community Medical Center says the 45-year-old Williams passed away shortly before midnight Tuesday in his home town of Palatka. The medical examiner confirmed the cause of death as an acute asthma attack.
Williams got his start as a safety at the University of Florida and was inducted into the Athletic Hall of Fame in 2001. He played with the Dolphins from 1988-1993. He joined the New York Giants for his final season in 1994. Williams had been working as a volunteer football coach at
Interlachen High School in Putnam County earlier this year. Principal Phyllis Criswell says the team has taken the news very hard.
- Former Gator, Local Businessman Harold Monk Dies
- Gator Baseball Rides Solo HR, Defense to 4-1 Victory Over William & Mary
- Gator Baseball Sweeps William & Mary with 5-3 Rain-Filled Finale
- Former PK Yonge Standout Taylor Asbell Dies
- William W. Irby III dies at 84
- Former Gators Taylor, Kearse, Former GHS Star Portis Among Group That Lost $40 Million In Casino Investment
- Former Gator Gator Gymnast Kerr Earns Post-Graduate Scholarship
- Former Gator QB Jacoby Brisset Blast Gators and Driskel
- FORMER GATOR KEARSE CHARGED WITH DUI
- FORMER GATOR SWIMMER LOCHTE WINS BRONZE