Wilbekin Set to Sign with Gators
One of North Central Florida's top high school basketball players will skip his senior season and get an early start with the Gators. Scottie Wilbekin of The Rock School announced Thursday he intends to sign a national letter-of-intent next week to play for coach Billy Donovan at Florida next season. The 17-year-old is scheduled to graduate from the private school on May 21.
Wilbekin is still awaiting his SAT results, but said he plans to
enroll at Florida in June. The 6-foot-2, 175-pound Wilbekin averaged 19 points, four assists and five rebounds per game last season for The Rock, which finished 23-6 and advanced to the Region 1-1A semifinals. Wilbekin was ranked as a two-star recruit by Rivals.com.
- Scotte Wilbekin Suspended Indefinitely for Gators Basketball
- Burleigh Reaches 400 Wins, Gator Soccer Cruises to NCAA Tourney Victory; Gator Volleyball Back on Track with Three-Set Sweep Over Missouri
- Gator Soccer Advances Over UCF to Sweet 16, Gator Volleyball Beats LSU in Four Sets
- All In The Family: Wilbekin Brothers
- Wilbekin Helps Florida Turn Close Game Into Rout Over Georgia
- Scottie Wilbekin's Redemption
- Gator Football Kickoff Time Set for Ole Miss
- Gator Football Fan Day Set!
- Gator Football Season Opening Kick-Off Time Set!
- Gator Football Open Practice Schedule Set