Tide the Pick to Win SEC
Defending SEC and national champion Alabama Crimson Tide had a league-high 12 representatives on the 2010 All-Southeastern Conference Media Days Football Team, while defending Eastern Division Champion Florida had 10 total selections in a vote of media attending the 2010 SEC Football Media Days, held July 21-23 at the Wynfrey Hotel in Hoover, Alabama. The 177 voters also selected the Crimson Tide to defeat the Gators in the SEC Football Championship Game on December 4 in Atlanta.
The Crimson Tide was on 143 ballots for the winner of the SEC Championship Game and was on all 157 ballots to win the Western Division. Florida was predicted to win the SEC title on 17 ballots while Auburn was on seven, Arkansas three, Ole Miss and Georgia two and LSU, South Carolina and Kentucky on one each. Following Alabama in the Western Division was Arkansas second, Auburn third, LSU fourth, Mississippi State fifth and Ole Miss sixth. Filling out the Eastern Division, Georgia was predicted to finish second, South Carolina third, Kentucky fourth, Tennessee fifth and Vanderbilt sixth. Florida was on 153 ballots as the first-place team in the Eastern Division.
Nine of the 12 SEC Schools had a member on the first-team All-SEC squad. Each SEC school had at least two student-athletes on either the first or second team. Auburn and Georgia each had six student-athletes on either the first or second team followed by Kentucky with four, Arkansas three while LSU, Ole Miss, Mississippi State, South Carolina, Tennessee and Vanderbilt each had two selections. Alabama had the most first-team selections with eight followed by Georgia with four. Florida had three selections while Arkansas, Auburn, Kentucky, LSU and South Carolina had two each. Ole Miss had one first-team choice.
- Gator Softball Picked to Win 2014 SEC Title in Coaches' Preseason Poll
- MEDIA PICK LSU TO WIN SEC TITLE
- Crimson Tide Rolls Gators in SEC Tournament
- Santa Fe Baseball Picks up Two Wins Over Southeastern University JV
- Gators Too Much for LSU, Pick Up 21st Straight Win
- St. Francis, GHS Pick Up Early Season Hoops Wins
- Buchholz and Williston Pick up Volleyball Wins
- High School Volleyball: Buchholz and Lafayette Pick up Wins
- Oak Hall, The Rock Pick Up Wins In Girls High School Hoops
- Marion County Picks Up Pair of Wins Against Alachua C ounty in Boys Basketball