UGA Athletic Director Charged with DUI
Authorities say University of Georgia athletic director Damon Evans has been arrested and charged with drunken driving. Georgia State Patrol spokesman Gordy Wright said that Evans was arrested late Wednesday night after his 2009 BMW was pulled over by a state trooper in north Atlanta. Wright said Evans was given a field sobriety test and smelled of alcohol.
He was arrested and charged with DUI and failure to maintain a lane. UGA spokesman Chuck Toney said the university is aware of the report and will issue a statement later Thursday. Evans did not immediately return a call for comment. Evans, a former UGA football player, became head of UGA's athletic department in 2004.
- UF Athletic Director Happy with Meyer's Coaching
- UF Athletics Finishes 2nd In Learfield Sports Directors' Cup
- FORMER GATOR KEARSE CHARGED WITH DUI
- Dunlap Out for SEC Title game after DUI Charge
- Walk-Off Strikeout Error Dooms UGA as Gators Win in Bottom 16th
- Gator Baseball Explodes in Sixth, Beat UGA 6-3
- Gators TE Reed, UGA OLB Jones Entering NFL Draft
- No Charges For Suspended Jail Director
- Deputy Arrested, Charged With DUI
- Woman Receives DUI Charge After Hitting An Unmarked Police Car