Former GHS Star Earl Okine Switching From Gator Defense To Offense
After dabbling on the offensive side of the ball in spring practice, Earl Okine is officially making a move to tight end.
"They've had me out there at the tight end spot this fall," said Okine Sunday afternoon.
As a defensive lineman, the former Gainesville High standout took a redshirt in his first year and followed that with five appearances in his redshirt freshman year, recording two tackles in the 2009 season.
Okine says he's enjoyed working with the first team offense as tight end and is happy to be contributing. To hear Alison Posey's interview with Okine on the subject, click on the video and enjoy.
- Former Gators Taylor, Kearse, Former GHS Star Portis Among Group That Lost $40 Million In Casino Investment
- College Basketball: Gators Defense Takes Stand, Efficient Offense Leads to 70-48 Win Over Georgia
- Gator Defense Versus Louisville Offense
- Gator Offense Prepared for Stout Razorbacks Defense
- Strong Gator Defense Preparing for Pass Happy LSU Offense
- Gators Offense Preparing for Young Georgia Defense
- Gators Defense Short On Stars, Big On Results
- Former GHS Player, LSU Not Enough as Gator Women's Tennis Cruise to Win
- Former Area Standouts Injured in Spring: UF's Okine, FSU's Jernigan
- Former Gator Soccer Stars to Represent U.S.A in Beijing