Meyer on Rainey: "He's Not With the Team"
For the time being, Chris Rainey is not with the Florida Gator football program, according to Head Coach Urban Meyer in a teleconference Wednesday morning. Meyer said there would need to be further evaluation with regards to the Gator wide receiver following his arrest Tuesday morning, but as of now, he is not with the team.
Omarius Hines will step in to Rainey's role at wide receiver this week against Tennessee, while Jordan Reed will fill in for Hines. When asked what the Gators lose from Rainey as a player, Meyer said, "We haven't had a lot of production from that position, but you do lose a good player...but we do have some good players to fill his spot.
The Gators play in Knoxville Saturday at 3:30 p.m.
- Urban Meyer, Chris Rainey Speak About Rainey's Return To Practice
- "He Loved Everything about Being a Soldier," Fallen Hero's Body Returns Home
- "He was a good kid"
- Meyer says UF is "Dream Job"!
- Meyer Takes "Extended Leave of Absence" Rather Than Resign
- Referring to "Scumbags," Urban Meyer Justifies Closing Practice
- Meyer on Arrests: "Enough Is Enough"
- Gator Bowl Bound! Florida vs Ohio State in "Urban Meyer" Bowl, DT Easley Out After ACL Surgery
- UF Football Freshman Wants to be "Team Player"
- Mee All About "Team" for FAU Owls