Steve Mesler Returns To Gainesville An Olympic Hero
Steve Mesler said there's a huge difference between the decathlon, which he performed at Florida, and bobsleigh, which Mesler now counts himself as a gold medalist.
"In the decathlon, you're thinking about so many different things," Mesler said. "In the bobsleigh, you can focus on one specific set of tasks."
Mesler and his four-man team accomplished their task of winning Olympic gold, the first in that event since 1948. Mesler was at Ben Hill Griffin Stadium Saturday, and experienced what he called one of the best days of his life.
- "He Loved Everything about Being a Soldier," Fallen Hero's Body Returns Home
- Fallen Hero Returns Home
- Gainesville Hero "I was trying to help"
- Gainesville Veterans Honor Pearl Harbor Hero
- Homecoming for a Gainesville Hero
- Cross City Celebrates Super Bowl Hero Nick Collins
- College Students Return to Gainesville
- Ring Lost in Hawaiian Reef Returns to Gainesville
- Boy Returns to Gainesville for Special Surgery
- Holiday Ice Rink to Return to Downtown Gainesville