Gators Jenkins Caught With Pot
There's probably a few firsts that Will Muschamp is looking forward to this year.
His first signing class will be finalized next week.
But there is one thing Muschamp probably could have waited longer for.
The first arrest of a player on his team.
Janoris Jenkins earned that distinction after the Gators star cornerback was arrested early Saturday morning for possesion of marijuana.
Police say the Gators cornerback was rolling a marijuana cigarette at the nightclub “Status” and was charged with posession of marijuana (less than 20 grams).
Jenkins did not have to spend the night in jail, but he was given noitce to appear in court on February 17.
The Gators head coach put out a statement saying quote, "We are aware of the incident with Janoris Jenkins... and will handle it internally at this time."
Jenkins was arrested almost two years ago for fighting and resisting arrest without violence.
Gainesville Police Cpt. Tscharna Senn says Jenkins, who was an all-SEC player last year, was treated like anyone else in a similar situation.
- Gators LB Jenkins To Declare for NFL Draft
- Gator Player Janoris Jenkins Wants to Continue No. 1 Tradition
- Janoris Jenkins Dismissed from Gator Football Team
- No Jenkins, No Problem: UF Linebackers Ready to Fill Jelani's Absence
- FSU DE Jenkins to Miss 2012 with Foot Injury
- Jeffrey Meldon TV20 Scholar Athlete Andrew Jenkins
- Janoris Jenkins Gets Acclimated at UNA
- Janoris Jenkins Arrested Again for Marijuana Possession
- Jenkins Not Alone In Marijuana Citations
- 13 ft. Gator Caught in Escambia County