Lacroix Gets Over 200 Career Victories as Both Gator Tennis Teams Sweep Vanderbilt 7-0
Alex Lacroix has had a fabulous career at the University of Florida. Coming into the match against Vanderbilt with 199 career victories, the lone senior on the Gator Men's Tennis team was feeling the love from the crowd at Ring Tennis Complex. Lacroix became only the second player in program history to surpass the 200-career win plateau after winning both his doubles and singles matches against the Commodores. No. 15 Florida raced out to a 1-0 lead against Vanderbilt after taking the doubles point, then watched its singles players complete the sweep for a 7-0 victory. Lacroix, down a set in his singles match, came back for a 4-6, 7-5, 10-7 victory, putting him at 201-career victories.
The Gator Women's Tennis team was on the road, also in action against Vanderbilt. Amidst windy conditions, the No. 2 Florida women's team matched the men, completing the 7-0 sweep against the Commodores.
- Gator Baseball Gets Sixth 3-Game Sweep with 9-1 Victory Over Vols
- Gator Softball Beats Auburn 3-1, Lacrosse and Tennis Teams Also Victorious
- Burleigh Reaches 400 Wins, Gator Soccer Cruises to NCAA Tourney Victory; Gator Volleyball Back on Track with Three-Set Sweep Over Missouri
- Gator Baseball Gets School-Record 15th Straight Win, 10-2 Over Vanderbilt
- Saturday Sweeps! Gator Softball Posts Shutout Victories Over Gardner-Webb, Tennessee State
- Gator Lacrosse Gets 1st NCAA Tournament Victory, 13-11 Winners Over Stanford
- Gators Men's Golf Team Captures Gator Athletics 200th SEC Championship
- Driskel, Brissett Both Start Opener in 27-14 Gator Victory
- Gator Women Have Big Sunday: Softball and Tennis Both Win
- Trenton Hosts Lafayette, Both Teams Get a Win