Florida Womens' Tennis Wins 5th National Title In Dramatic Fashion
Florida's womens' tennis team got revenge in a most-fitting fashion, beating Stanford 4-3 in the National Championship match on Tuesday, one year after the Cardinal won the national championship by the same score. Sophomore Lauren Embree won the deciding match 5-7, 6-3, 7-6 (6) in the third set tiebreaker, marking the closest possible outcome in collegiate tennis. The Gators won the doubles point, but fell behind 3-1 as the Cardinal took the first three singles matches off the court. But the Gators won the three remaining matches, and earned the program's 5th national championship in the process-the first since 2003.
In the process, the Gators ended Stanford's streak of consecutive home wins at 184, a streak dating back to 1999. Florida is now 3-5 all time in championship matches against Stanford.
- Florida Baseball Wins Final Mid-Week Game In Dramatic Fashion
- Gators Men's and Women's Tennis Teams Win SEC Tournament Titles
- Gator Women's Tennis Wins 6th National Title
- Gator Women's Tennis Earns 18th SEC Tournament Title
- Florida Womens Tennis Gets 5-0 Win Over Duke
- GATOR WOMEN'S TENNIS WINS TOURNEY OPENER
- Gator Women's Tennis Wins on Senior Day
- Gator Women's Softball and Tennis Win
- Allie Kiick Wins Gainesville Women's Pro Tennis Tournament
- Gator Women's Tennis Wins Big Against Clemson