Bronson Native Mike Weinar Earns Championship With Dallas Mavericks
Mike Weinar either is very lucky, or very good at his job. Or perhaps it's a combination of both.
By earning an NBA Championship as the Dallas Mavericks Special Assistant to the Head Coach, Weinar has now won three championships, and he's still in his mid-20's. The first two were as senior manager and graduate assistant, respectively, with Billy Donovan and the Florida Gator basketball teams in 2006 and 2007.
"All three will be cherished, but it's a different animal, this championship," Weinar said.
The Bronson native and former Jeffrey Meldon TV20 Scholar Athlete of the Year has aspirations of coaching one day, but says he's enjoying his work with the Mavericks right now, and there's still more to celebrate: the Mavericks championship parade takes place Wednesday.
- Trenton Baseball Defeats Bronson for District Championship
- FLORIDA MEN EARN NINE POINTS AND TRACK CHAMPIONSHIPS
- Belleview Earns Runner-Up Finish in 5A Softball State Championship
- Gator Baseball Loses Regular Season Finale To Auburn, Earns #3 Seed at SEC Championships
- Area Players Earn Top High School Awards as GHS Prepares for State Championship
- Jeffrey Meldon/TV20 Scholar Athlete Dallas Stubbs
- Bronson VS. Branford at Bronson
- Orlando Native Mossor is Magic
- Munroe 41, Bronson 21
- St. Francis vs. Bronson 45-0