A bomb threat at Gainesville Regional Airport has forced the terminal to be evacuated
Florida Track and Field Player Kicked Off Team After Arrest
The Florida Gators Track and Field team is consistently near the top in the nation's indoor and outdoor competitions. But one of its players has been arrested on a sexual battery charge and was quickly released from the team. Andries Dumisane Hlaselo, a long distance runner for the Gators, was accused of raping his roommate's friend on June 12, and when his arrest occurred the University took swift action. Florida's athletic department released a statement which read, "We are aware of the arrest of Dumisane Hlaselo. We find these charges deeply disturbing. He is no longer a member of the University of Florida track and field team."
Hlaselo holds South Africa's junior national record in the 1,500 meter, and helped the Gators win the SEC Indoor Track and Field championships, finishing first in the men's mile.
- Gator Track Star Kicked Off Team
- Tim Walton Kicks 3 Gator Softball Players Off Team, Gators Lose Regional Opener
- Florida Track and Field Team Experiences Scary Plane Ride Home
- Gray Horn Suspended From Gators Track and Field Team
- National Champs! Gator Men's Track and Field Team Captures First NCAA Outdoor Title
- Muschamp Expects Older Players to Show Maturity On, Off Field
- Gator Hoops to Kick-Off Season Down Two More Players; Ranked 10th in AP Poll
- Gator Track and Field Return Home After Winning National Championship
- No First-Team Preseason All-SEC Players For Florida Football, But 6 Chosen Overall
- UF TRACK AND FIELD WOMEN 9TH, MEN 15TH