Gator Softball Falls Short, Loses World Series
A better start to World Series Game 2 could not provide a better finish, as Arizona State beat Florida 7-2 to win the College Softball World Series.
The Gators have now fallen in the final series two times in the past three years.
The Gators jumped out to an early one-nothing lead as Michelle Moultrie (who was named CO-MVP of the tournament) scored on a sacrifice fly from Brittany Schutte to put the Gators up 1-0. But the Sun Devils responded in the second, as Stephanie Brombacher gave up three runs in the frame, and Arizona State never looked back. Freshman Hannah Rogers came in to relieve the senior Brombacher when the Gators were down 5-1, but the Gators could only muster one more run, and Florida's season is over with a final record of 56-13.
- GATOR SOFTBALL FALLS SHORT OF WORLD SERIES
- Gator Baseball Falls Short, Gamecocks Win Back-to-Back CWS Championships
- Gator Baseball Falls Short of Sweep, Lose to Cal State Fullerton 8-5
- Gator Softball Wins SEC East But Falls Short Of Conference Title
- GHS, Bradford Softball Advance To Final Four, PK Yonge Falls Short
- Softball Falls In Series Opener Against Mizzou
- Gainesville, Santa Fe Fall On Opening Day of Babe Ruth Softball World Series
- Babe Ruth Softball World Series: 8/3/15
- Florida Baseball Falls to Virginia 5-4 in College World Series, Season over
- Gator Cross Country Fall Short in SEC Championship