Panteliodis Propels Gator Baseball To Third-Straight Super Regional
For the third-straight season, the Florida Gators sent the Miami Hurricanes packing from the NCAA Baseball Tournament thanks to pitcher Alex Panteliodis.
Even though the teams played four times earlier in the year, it was "Johnny Pants" who threw the heat on Sunday beating the Canes 11-4, propelling the Gators to their third-straight Super Regional.
Panteliodis is now 6-2 for the season with a 3.76 ERA, limiting opponents bats' to a batting average of .251. The Florida junior left fans doing the "Gator chomp", but also earned a new admirer in Miami coach Jim Morris.
- Gator Roundup: Men's Track and Field Earns Third-Straight NCAA Indoor Title, Baseball, Softball, Lacrosse All Get Saturday Wins
- Gator Gymnasts Finish Third in Super Six
- Gator Men's Basketball Loses Third Straight
- Gators Sweep UConn, Third Straight Extra Inning Win
- Gator Softball Advances to Fifth-Straight Super Regional
- Gators Defeat UCF, Advance to Super Regionals
- Gator Baseball Preparing for Super Regional
- Gator Baseball Drops Game One Of Super Regional
- Gator Baseball Clips Owls, Moves On to Super Regional
- Gators Baseball Back To Business With Super Regional This Weekend