Erik Murphy Reaches Plea Deal
After Gator Basketball players Erik Murphy and Cody Larson were faced with charges of misdemeanor trespassing back in April, one of them has put their legal issues behind them.
According to the Orlando Sentinel, Forward Erik Murphy has reached a plea bargain with the prosecution and signed an agreement this past Wednesday.
The 6'10 incoming junior accepted deferred prosecution including community service and $440 in restitution and court costs.
Both Murphy and his partner-in-crime have been suspended from the team since the arrest and are currently enrolled in summer classes and are participating in workouts.
As of today, Florida spokesman Denver Parler stated there has not been a change in the boys status on the basketball team thus far.
Larson is sticking to his plea of not guilty, with a court date set for July 19th.
- Erik Murphy: Growing Up Basketball
- Billy Donovan Reinstates F Erik Murphy to Gator Basketball Team
- Lebron's Mother Gets Plea Deal in Valet Altercation
- Plea Deal in Cat Case
- Woman Accepts Plea Deal For Dog Attack
- Plea Deal in Tucson Shooting
- Kenneth James Accepts Plea Deal in Sexual Assault Case
- Gainesville Mayor Craig Lowe Accepts Plea Deal and His DUI Case Will Not Go To Trial
- George Zimmerman's Wife Accepts Plea Deal
- Woman Who Tried To Run Over Officer Enters Plea Deal