No First-Team Preseason All-SEC Players For Florida Football, But 6 Chosen Overall
The SEC Coaches Pre-Season All-SEC Team came out Thursday with less chomp than in year's past. Only six Gators made the team this year and zero Gators made the first team. Compare that to a high of 16 for the 2009 season, and it would seem the SEC coaches believe the Gators have less talent to work with in 2011.
Still, Florida did place four players on All SEC Second teams, including Jeff Demps, Caleb Sturgis, Jelani Jenkins, and Jon Bostic. Despite facing injuries Demps, the one-time fastest man in college sports, led the Gators with 591 rushing yards averaging six yards per carry last year. Caleb Sturgis, the Gators placekicker, also made the second team Special Teams unit. Sturgis only attempted four field goals last year, missing two, but made 22 of 30 in 2009.
On the defense side Jelani Jenkins, the leading returning tackler with 76, made the defense second team along with Jon Bostic who had 57 tackles in 2010. Trey Burton and Andre Debose also represent Florida on the Third team. Debose was named the third team kick returner, while Burton was selected as an all-purpose player.
- Nine Gators Voted to 2013 Preseason Media Days All-SEC Team
- SEC Media Days: SEC Network, Pre-Season All-SEC
- Logan Shore Name First-Team Freshman All-American
- GATORS LOAD UP ALL-SEC BASEBALL TEAM
- Three Gators Named to 2013 Freshman All-SEC Team
- Sturgis Lone UF Representative on AP All-SEC Teams
- 6 Gators Named to 3 Different Coaches Preseason All SEC Teams
- Gators Place 8 On Preseason All-Conference Football Teams
- Safety First: The Florida Gator Football Team Looks To Fill A Pressing Need
- Colts, Bobcats, Purple Hurricanes All Look Sharp in HS Preseason Football