USA Women Win World Cup Semis
Once again the American Women fought hard and played together to take a 3-1 win against France in the Women's World Cup: once again, Abby Wambach delivered a huge goal for the Americans in Moenchengladbach, Germany on Wednesday.
The former Gator Wambach was the hero once again, breaking the tie in the 79th minute with a tremendous header off Lauren Cheney's corner kick. After that the Americans soared, scoring another goal in the 82nd minute by rookie Alex Morgan.
Now the Americans are off to the finals, a place they haven't been since 1999. They'll face Japan on Sunday for the World Cup Championship.
- Wambach's Heroics Keep World Cup Title Hopes Alive For Team USA
- Team USA Gets Out to an Early Lead in Davis Cup
- Fromer Gator Soccer Star Gets Her First Goal in Women's World Cup
- Gator Women's Basketball Loses In NIT Semis
- Gator Women's Tennis Team Loses To Stanford In NCAA Semis
- Dale Earnhardt Jr Wins First Sprint Cup Race Since 2008
- Gator Basketball's Patric Young Crucial In Team USA's Win Against Lithuania
- Trenton Gets Big Win Over Lafayette in 1A Regional Semis 49-13
- USA, Gator Nation Win Big At Olympics
- Chiefland, Trenton Baseball Win 1A Semis, Setting Up Local State Title Showdown