USA Women Win World Cup Semis
Once again the American Women fought hard and played together to take a 3-1 win against France in the Women's World Cup: once again, Abby Wambach delivered a huge goal for the Americans in Moenchengladbach, Germany on Wednesday.
The former Gator Wambach was the hero once again, breaking the tie in the 79th minute with a tremendous header off Lauren Cheney's corner kick. After that the Americans soared, scoring another goal in the 82nd minute by rookie Alex Morgan.
Now the Americans are off to the finals, a place they haven't been since 1999. They'll face Japan on Sunday for the World Cup Championship.
- Florida Women Win Capital One Cup
- Team USA Gets Out to an Early Lead in Davis Cup
- Wambach's Heroics Keep World Cup Title Hopes Alive For Team USA
- Fromer Gator Soccer Star Gets Her First Goal in Women's World Cup
- Gator Women's Tennis Team Loses To Stanford In NCAA Semis
- Gator Women's Basketball Loses In NIT Semis
- Dale Earnhardt Jr Wins First Sprint Cup Race Since 2008
- DONOVAN, Team USA win U19 World Championship Opener
- FIBA Team USA U19 Team Improves to 4-0 With Win Over Brazil
- USA, Gator Nation Win Big At Olympics